Iowa Tree Game: Idaho Forestry Developed The Game
Forest Dilemmas Rules
1. Divide into two teams of between 2 and 3 players
Each team represents a private forest products company.
2. Each Team Begins with $100,000 (one $50,000, one $25,000, one $10,000, one $5,000, and five $1,000).
3. The game will last 25 minutes. At the end of 25 minutes, the winner is the team who has the most trees in their forest. Tie breakers will be decided by how much money each team has at the end.
4. Each team will roll the die and move that many spaces.
5. Follow the prompt of the game board.
6. Teams may go in debt up to $750,000, but must pay the bank back immediately as they receive funds.
7. One person will keep track of the money. That person will keep track of both the paper money and the balance sheet. On the blank sheet of paper, start with $100,000. With every move, add or subtract the amount shown on card/board spot. For debt, subtract the amount you need, but remember you can’t go above $750,000. To do so, you must lose 10 trees each time.
8. One person will keep track of the forest. This person will add and subtract the trees as the game progresses.
9. An extra person can be the community banker/fact checker. Keep track of other team’s debts, etc..
10. When you draw a dilemma card, talk about the choices together and make a team decision.
400 Acre Wood Challenge From Project Learning Tree